Dispersed Camping Rules:
- Dispersed camping is allowed in most locations unless there is a specific closure order for that area
- There is a lot of private property mixed in with the forest, so be sure to check the MVUMs.
- Camp at least 200′ from trails or bodies of water
- Reuse existing campsites if you can
- Do not camp in alpine or subalpine zones where trees are less than 8′ tall
- Time limit: 14 days in a 30 day period, after which you must leave the forest entirely.
Continue reading “Finger Lakes National Forest”