Dispersed Camping Rules:
- Dispersed camping is allowed “pretty much anywhere”.
- Time limit: 14 days in a 30 day period. After 14 days you have to move, but there doesn’t seem to be a minimum distance.
- They were very specific about asking you not to block the gates, roads, etc.
- BNF is intermixed with a lot of private property, so be sure to check the MVUM.
- Marathon Lake $20, lakeside, No alcohol
- Shockaloe Trail – Base Camp 1 $7, No alcohol
Note there is also a Base Camp 2, but there is no link on the website. I believe Base Camp 2 is free, but I’m not sure.